Active Kids Holidays
You can spend a fortune on holidays with kids clubs and special facilities but this region has so much to offer at a reasonable price you can fill your days easily and still have time to relax by the pool.
Summer 2015 allowed us to suggest an itinerary that lots of families found really useful and a FREE concierge service to sort out all those bookings for you so you have more time to enjoy!!!
In addition to our Top Ten below the dear old Art Table was huge success….and following from that we now have the lovely Michala Fisnar on hand to run Plate Painting and Mug painting workshops (minimum 5 kiddos), only 19 euros for 2 hours of arty crafty fun and she will take your work of art away to be baked and glazed and bring it back for you to take home!
This really is outdoor heaven for kids. Away from the crowds of the coast you can make the most of the highlights whilst relaxing in rural tranquility.
Our Top Ten !
1. Riding; for all levels just 5 minutes away from 20 euros an hour, alone or in a group and wonderful experience. club-hippique-des-bouchauds.chez-alice.fr
2. Canoeing; two centres both less than 20 minutes away, guided or alone Vibrac or Jarnac offer great fun on the gentle Charente, minimum age 5. Picnics can be delivered to the river beach in Gondeville for groups canoeing together. A wonderful half way point in your journey. 30 euros for a family of 4 for half a day. www.location-canoe-jarnac.fr or canoekayakvibrac.clubeo.com
3. Run around the play area, shoot some hoops, have a swim and hang out with the kiddos here.
4. Bike hire; from Bike Hire Direct. There are many bike routes available. The exact bikes and safety equipment you need. Price example 300 euros for 2 weeks for 4 adults. www.bikehiredirect.com and loads of places to bike to and from
5. Tennis: 3 minutes away in rouillac at the tennis club, courts available for 3 euros an hour!
6. Nautilus Centre; right next to plan D’eau de La Grand Prairie. Indoor and outdoor swimming pool, wave machine, slides, and a lake next door to walk around, run around, bike around. Plus cafe and play areas for littlies. www.nautilis.fr and www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWM_CSez8jw
7. Paleosite: 40 minutes away and a full educational day out day out complete with spear throwing and a restaurant. www.paleosite.fr
8. A day at the seaside! Of all the places you can go to on the coast this is one of our faves; Fouras, lovely beaches, kids club on beach, restaurants shopping and a Fort! Boat trips this place has it all http://www.fouras.net/v2/
9. Angouleme; To eat with kids we recommend Le Pistou next to Les Halles, to do with kids we recommend the Museum De Angouleme behind the cathedral www.angouleme.fr/museeba/ and the Paper Museum www.angouleme.fr/museep and for older children www.angouleme-tourisme.co.uk/home-page/…angouleme/museums.aspx
10. Cognac; Just a lovely day out, walk down to the river, eat at La Scala over looking the river, look at the Cognac houses, take a trip on the Jean Dame www.visit-poitou-charentes.com/…/Croisiere-fluviale-sur-La-Dame-Jean..and visit the huge park by the river www.grand-cognac.fr/base-plein-air/ have lunch at La Courtine by the river or watch the world go by in the Place Francois Premiere.